Comfort Caring Canines Therapy Dogs Inc. is a dedicated group of volunteers who share the love of their canine companions — trained and tested Therapy Dogs — with others. Our dogs come in all shapes and sizes, and our visits range from a simple exchange of smiles and wagging tails to obedience demonstrations and tricks.
We are a non-profit organization supported through dues and testing fees, donations and sponsorships. We do not charge for our visits.
We visit community nursing homes, child care centers, schools, hospitals and senior citizen centers in the southeastern Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware and Maryland area.
Volunteers decide where and when they visit. Evening, weekend and daytime hours are all available.
We have forged lasting, rewarding bonds and friendships with the people we visit and with our fellow volunteers. And our dogs love their therapy dog status and their “jobs.”
When our therapy dogs visit a healthcare facility, a senior citizen center or a school, they can…
- Calm a hyperactive child or stimulate a withdrawn patient or older adult
- Provide a welcome change from daily routine
- Help to relieve loneliness and depression
- Facilitate conversation and interaction
- Lower a patient’s blood pressure and heart rate
- Stimulate minds, lift spirits and spark memories
- Create some fun!